Videos of Library Programs: A Selection
By The Town of Eastham and Lower Cape TV
Art | Eastham 400 Commemoration | Environment | New Library | Summer Reading | Turnip Festival
New! Making Lemonade - Library Adapts in COVID TImes
2021 VIRTUAL PROGRAMS/ COOKING
- The Chewy Decimal Cooking Show, April 17, 2021. A virtual cooking show with chef Elaine Lipton. Episode 1 features a dish from India.
- Episode 1 Q&A
2021 VIRTUAL PROGRAMS/ BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- From the Ground Up- Building the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture, February 12, 2021. A virtual talk by Dr. Laura Coyle, Head of Cataloging & Digitization, Smithsonian.
- Boston's Black Heritage Trail, February 19, 2021. A virtual talk and tour by Park Ranger Amelia Benstead.
- Recycled Books Take on New Life at Eastham Public Library (2018) - an annual event
- Cape Artists Collaborative: Painting Tianna Esperanza (2018)
- Art finds home at Eastham Library
- When Things Fall Apart: Samuel Treat, the Wampanoags, and the Place of Christian Indians in Colonial New England, March 18, 2021, A virtual talk by Dr. David Silverman.
- Treat Day Panel Discussion, March 18, 2021, A virtual panel discussion with Bob C. and Tom Ryan.
- The National Day of Mourning, January 19, 2021, A virtual talk by Steven Peters.
- Thirteen Moons: A Meditation on Indigenous Life, December 21, 2020. A virtual talk by Robert Peters.
- "Our" Story: A Nation's Founding from an Indigenous Perspective, December 15, 2020. A virtual talk by Steven Peters.
- No Refuge: Colonialism and the Wampanoags of Cape Cod, December 13, 2020. A virtual talk/ Power Point presentation by Dr. David Silverman.
- The First Encounter at Eastham ~ The Story Retold, December 6, 2020. A virtual talk with Dr. Ian Saxine.
- Eastham 400: Our History Restored, December 8, 2020, This Eastham 400 original film reflects on the work that Eastham 400 has done reflecting on local history and its significance today.
- Historical Narratives & Myths, December 1, 2020, Mindy Todd of WCAI's The Point with Ian Saxine and Paula Peters.
- Spirit Run, November 19, 2020, Mindy Todd of WCAI's The Point interviews author Noe Alvarez.
- First Encounter at Eastham - The Story Re-Told, October 6, 2019, Dr. Ian Saxine at Salt Pond Visitors Center
- Encounters before the First Encounter, September 16, 2019, Dr. Kathleen Bradgon at Salt Pond Visitors Center
- Dr. Ian Saxine’s narrative, The Story of the 'First Encounter' at Nauset
- December 8, 2019 Opening Ceremony of the Commemorative Year at Nauset Regional High School
- The Do's and Don'ts of Long Distance Genealogy Projects. Bill Cole has conducted long-distance genealogy projects in the United States, Canada, and England. He shares his “lessons learned” including what to do and what not to do to produce successful results. As an added bonus, his English research partner for the past four years will add her perspectives. This program is a must for anyone considering or doing any type of long-distance genealogy projects.
- Arctic Meltdown And Why It Matters To Us All, April 1, 2021, a virtual program with Dr. Jennifer Francis, Senior Scientist, Woodwell Climate Research Center, Woods Hole, MA, sponsored by the Eastham Climate Action Network and the Eastham Public Library.
- Nature's Best Hope, November 15, 2020, a virtual program with Doug Tallamy, educator, environmentalist, and author.
- A Pond Protector at Eastham's Library: rain garden workshop presented by the Horsley Witten Group, the Association to Preserve Cape Cod and the Town of Eastham
- Ponds: Recognizing & Responding to Environmental Threats, May 21, 2019
- Mallards, Mollusks, Mosquitos & Mud - A freshwater pond presentation by Sophia Fox April 17, 2019
- Ponds: How They Got Here & How They Work, with Tom Cambareri, April 2, 2019
- Lessons from Walden with Curt Stager, June 15, 2019
- PSA APCC Rain Garden Workshop, May 2018
- Grown Native at the Eastham Library, Claudia Thompson, Grown Native Massachusetts, September 2017
- How Green is our Library (LEED)
- Eastham Library Nabs Prestigious National AIA Award, (2018)
- Library Becomes a Warming Shelter From the Storm, March 5, 2018
- Official Grand Opening, February 4, 2017
- Brand new library opens to the public
- Eastham Library Ribbon Cutting, November 15, 2016
- A Universe of Stories (2019)
- All About the Books (2018)
- Build a Better Works at the Eastham Library (2017)